Walrus sitting next to a pond of fish (etched into ice)
Jess playing the Ice Xylophone
Do you see the polar bear swimming under the water (ice)?
Do you see me peeking out of the house?
Aren't those trees flippin cool?
I rested half the time on the train and the other half I spent enjoying God's creation on the outside of the train. Myra picked us up in a little bity car, luckily everything fit. It was such a blessing to see the kids. We had fun being sarcastic, talking about their new friends and home in Galena. Such a short visit made it hard to have in depth conversations but I can't be too picky, right? It was nice to have a glass of wine and updates from Jason and Myra. I kept the kids up way to late or should I say they kept me up way too late. We had to leave 5:30 am and got in at 11 pm that night.
We were off the Fairbanks which only took an hour flying time to get there. We checked into our hotel and then went to the University of Alaska Fairbanks Research Center where the Musk Ox farm was. They were so cute. There were about four little babies the size of a large dog. The researchers noticed that they actually "babysit." Three moms will babysit and the other mom would go eat. There are two types of musk ox: Canadian and Greenland musk ox. You can tell the difference because on their back they have a gray/whitish hair. The hair is called quiviet and is used to make really warm scarves, hats, etc.
We also went to the Ice Museum which was downtown Fairbanks. That was extremely amazing to see the sculptures. People are so gifted! There were sculptures in large freezers. Some were a sled dog team, house, walrus, polar bear, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment