Our trip ended with going to Cheena Hotsprings about 1 1/2 hour out of Fairbanks. We saw tons of moose on our way out there. I couldn't believe Steph and Jess's reaction when they spotted one. "Oh my gosh, oh my, oh my, turn back, there's a moose." Now imagine Jessica saying this and hyperventilating! It was so funny! We saw two moose eating and splashing in a small pound. That was unique to see. The hotsprings were so relaxing and HOT! I think it was 106 degrees and of course we picked the hottest day to go! (86 degees). I couldn't only stay in for about 10-15 minutes before I had to get out and cool off. We all thought we would stay most of the afternoon but it was too hot. It was nice that the hot springs had a sprinkler of cold water on one side along with a waterfall that gave nice back massages. We got dinner at the restaurant there and headed back to Fairbanks.
I'm not sure which day, but we also went to a Salmon Bake outside. It was great music, wine, All You Can Eat Salad Bar, Prime Rib, Salmon, Cod, and deep fried Halibut, cakes. It was so relaxing. After dinner we walked around the area because it was like a little park. Jess and Stephanie saw this huge fish and the were determined to climb up and get some pictures. Well, Jess went first and that was a hilarious scene. As she was swinging her legs up out came a little squeak. Yup, you guessed it she farted. Steph started taking video with her camera immediately because Jess couldn't stop laughing. That isn't it...she had a hard time getting off of the fish so she just fell off. She skinned up her leg pretty well all the while she was laughing and couldn't stop. I walked away pretending she wasn't my sister. I have never seen my sister laugh this hard. We do have pictures of this and some others in the Salmon Bake park but Steph took all the pictures that night.
Overall, this was a memorable trip. If any of you would like to come visit please do. I don't have plans for next summer yet. I know the saying, "I've always wanted to go to Alaska." Well, stop talking and start saving and join me in this beautiful state.
No comments:
Post a Comment