I of course can't let a blog entry go without telling how sweet by pup is and what she got to do this summer.
First, she almost had a heart attack when she traveled to Unalakleet to stay with Jeff while I was at Bible Camp. She was so nervous but did quite good. I wonder how fast her heart was pounding. She stayed on the beach a few nights. She of course loved it because she was outside. I visited twice since I didn't leave Unalakleet right away to go for camp. She loved running on a new beach full of new treats. She was pretty darn adorable when the waves crashed up and splashed her in the face when she wasn't expecting it. She rolled in the mucky mud on the shore to just make sure she was getting all she could out of her run on the beach. While she was staying on the beach she met another boyfriend besides Kemper. I guess the husky and her played and played for a few days. Jeff took her for her first boat ride. She was a little nervous at first and didn't jump in so Jeff picked her up put her in. He said she loved standing up on the platform while he was driving. She also went to a picnic with Jeff and a whole bunch of people. She got spoiled because the kids kept feeding her hotdogs and buns along. She was scrounged up some rib bones. I was a little upset about that because I specifically said no bones. Oh well, she's fine.
I also got to go along with Jeff and part of his family and Berry on a boat ride up river in Unalakleet. I didn't know that there are two lodges in Unalakleet where people come to do guided fishing. Also, when there was warm weather, upriver was 107 degrees and in town was only 85 degrees or so. Fun fact: There will be millions of fish traveling through Unalakleet that the bottom of the river will be covered with fish.
She then left Unalakleet after I did with the camp director, Byron to stay a week at his house. They took her for many hikes. Then she want to Wasilla to stay with Mary who I met up with when I traveled back to Anchorage. She has some cute pictures of Berry snoozing on her back with legs all spread out. When I picked her up in Wasilla, Mary, I, Berry, and some guy, I forgot his name, traveled to Talkeetna to stay in a cabin with some people I met from Camp. Berry came with too and she traveled so well in the car. She loves looking outside and of course she has to be on my lap the whole time she's enjoying the view. When she was done looking at scenery she curled up on my lap and fell asleep. I wish I could sleep while a car is moving. She went to the Talkeetna river with all of us later that evening and met some new dogs. Her and I were a little cautious because of the times she was attacked. It went well.
While I went to Oregon for a Math Training, she went to Nome to stay at the Animal House: a boarding place for pets. It wasn't to badly priced and they gave her a free bath and groom. She needed it after being an outside dog for two weeks. She liked to tip her food on purpose and growled at puppies. I guess she was getting a little jealous.
We are both glad to stay in Koyuk for a while now.
1 comment:
Can you bring me on the train next summer? I haven't gone yet, you can go for your third...Berry is a hoot, "has she gained weight yet?"--Romay......LOL, we had a blast skyping with you today.
Post a Comment