Well, the bay and Koyuk River is completely frozen and people are enjoying hooking for tomcods, lincod, trout, smelt. It reminds me of the very first time I tried hooking with a hand made stick with fishing line wrapped the long ways. Esther and Ethel, two Elders, whom I adore, offered their hooking rod to me and I tried. I got one and freaked out because I was so excited. You all know how I react when I get excited. So good memories.
I mentioned in the summer that I was thinking of leaving AK and going to Oregon. God has changed my heart and am so thankful He has. I'm planning on returning to Koyuk next year! I love it here. I believe when I wanted to leave AK it was around the time Jason and Myra left and was very emotional.
The weather has been really cold, but not any snow except for a dusting. I saw the white Northern Lights once. It was incredible. I also the moon surrrounded what looked like a halo. Any ideas what that might be?
It's been fun cooking and baking...chocolate chip cookies, chicken lasanga, buffalo chicken soup. Wish you were here Dad to try it! I'm making boo cups with my kids this week. You make chocolate pudding mixed with crushed oreos, put in a cup, put in a dab of whip cream and two chocolate chips to look like eyes. The product looks like you have a ghost.
We will have a costume parade, pinnatas, and classroom party on Friday along with Trick or Treating! Will update. I do not yet have a costume. The last two years I dressed up in my rendevouz dress and mocs was an exercising grandma. Any ideas for this year?
Off to bed early tonight. I'm exhausted! Then work tomorrow and Bible Study!
Oh yeah....Christmas plans...God willing...I will be traveling to Galena to visit Jason and Myra. I will go home in the summer so I can have more time for quality visits.
Until later.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're right - that ring around the moon is called a halo. It is caused by ice crystals in the atmoshpere. I wish I could have seen it! Hope all is well in AK.
Much love, Kathi
Post a Comment